11.05.2011

Unwind

I hate to complain about my luck or lack of it, but I've found myself on the short end of this intangible lately.

I've had a hell of a cough for more than three weeks. I'm on the mend, slowly, but it's effectively killed my training and my cyclocross season. Another campaign with both feet in an early grave.

It's perhaps just as well. I've been busy with a lot of other shit. Seems like that's been the tale of the tape for a few years now. I thought about quitting cycling a few weeks ago. But I'm not going to do that. I'm just going to make it more of a priority and cut other things out of my life that aren't as important.

I'm also going to get more into running, too. I did a 6.7 mile leg of the Kansas City Marathon relay with Keck and some other dudes. I'd forgotten how fun it is to do foot races. I can't do it full on like I used to because my knees are so crummy, but I'd like to supplement fitness with a few miles by foot and do an occasional 5k or 10k.

I just need to become a more healthy person. I don't really like the physical condition that I'm in. Going back to that epic cough I've been fighting, I used to dispatch these ailments in about four or five days tops. Back when I was in better shape. I think this one has lingered because my diet and lifestyle both suck.

There's no one to blame but myself for this, and no one who can fix it.

So I'm just gonna fix it. We're the only ones who can control our own circumstances. Enough bitching, more doing.

1 comment:

business attorney tampa said...

I noticed it had been years since your last update of this blog. I wish this wasn't abandoned but I appreciate you are still keeping it up because your archives are really useful. Thanks!